Rear brakes ABS ring on Twingo 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffstick

Reaction score
I am just about to tackle rear brakes on my 1.6 Gordini. I have ordered new bearings to go in new discs, not a problem with that but is there an ABS ring on the discs and has anyone had any experience of swapping them over?

Your makeing a lot of extra work for yourself, why not just buy the discs with the bearings and abs rings fitted straight bolt on then there a few manufactures, brembo, Bosch, oem Renault, and several others. Make sure you use a new hub nut and tourqe to 175nm

^^^ agree with Cup RS 133.

I changed mine last weekend, details on the build thread.

The pagid ones come with the new bearings, ABS ring installed, hub nut and bearing caps - MUST be torqued correctly or the bearings will bind.

The pagid pads also come with new caliper slider bolts.

Also make sure you have the wind back tool.

£150 all in with pads from ECP.

Definitely agree with the above. The bearings seem to last longer as well on the pre fitting discs.

Euro car parts always have weekend discount codes on so wl be even cheaper.

Thanks for all replies but I have already ordered discs, pads and bearings. Fitting bearings is not hard by warming them up in oven and chilling bearings in freezer, fitting is easy, done it a few times now. Still need advice on ABS ring though...

What brand are these discs?

You can buy the reluctor rings and swap them over.

Thanks for advice, have now ordered reluctor rings as trying to get old ones off is a b***h.

Well, after ordering wheel bearings from two companies and being sent wrong size twice I eventually gave in and ordered as set of discs with bearings and ABS rings.
For info I went to A&A carparts and they sent me a very nice set of Borg and Beck discs for £80.