Radio replacement

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleysteven

Reaction score
Since I have had the twingo the radio hasn't been working properly most of the functions don't work. I've had a price from Renault to replace the radio at £463. I would go with an aftermarket radio but I'm unsure on what would happen to the original radio display in the dash, my clock at the moment is constantly flashing and displays the wrong time also the steering wheel stalk doesn't work. I need someone who has an aftermarket radio to tell me what happens to the original radio display?

From what I've read Ashley it's a bit hit and miss, even with the ISO leads/harness connected you can't expect all functions to work with an aftermarket head unit. £463 sounds like a lot for the Renault stereo but that'll be main dealer price - you might be able to pick up the standard stereo on eBay or from a forum member for a fraction of that. Is it the original radio which is currently installed? Maybe a software/firmware update, restore to factory defaults, and check all cabling is properly seated before you spend a load.

I've tried eBay similar looking radios are on there but not the exact one to my car. It is the original radio I have a 2010 twingo, it's similar to the facelift radio just without the aux and usb input. Ive already had someone have a quick unpaid look at it and all he could say was "it's f**ked you need to send it off for repair".

Theres a couple of Twingos breaking on eBay - might be worth seeing if you can get a hifi unit and any other associated bits?

Stating the obvious but youve had the stereo out and checked the connector on the back etc?

Yeah the back has been checked several times. It's shut a weird problem because the radio does function but only from the dials

What radio is it? Do you have a photo? I've got a spare one depending on if it's the same

That's my radio
7317fe88af1187a83cb5925c1d7deef4.jpg

ashleysteven":glhxj8x6 said:
Is it the same as the one in the picture above?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Hi no it's the original cup one 282466084388 is the eBay item number if it's of interest .

Had Renault look at my radio today they confirmed I need a new radio, if I get a second hand radio it will need to be re-programmed to the car which is annoying.

If it's any interest, I have an adaptor for the radio, basically that shape with a rectangle cut from the middle. Has a whole ton of cables and adapters with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might just bite the bullet and get the radio from Renault, then my mind is at ease an everything works as it should