New Silverstone Twingo owner

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K4M-RS

Reaction score
Hi! As the title suggests I've just become the owner of a 63k miles Twingo RS Silverstone. I've been a renaultsport fan for a while, having owned and loved a Clio 182 in the past.

3f41118a50.jpg

Progress thread: projects-progress-threads/twingo-silverstone-t14205.html

Hi :D

How do you find it compared to the 182?

That's a good question.

Performance wise from 0-70 through the gears a freshly serviced Twingo RS on Shell V Power is a very quick little car and a match for the 182 and other similarly quick cars like the mini Cooper S etc.

Beyond 70 the Clio is rapid whereas the Twingo seems to hit a brick wall. Whether that's due to aerodynamics or less power I'm not sure, probably both.

The Twingo handles better with it's alloy wishbones, quicker steering rack and slightly firmer suspension.

When driving fast the Twingo's gear change is better. Around town I prefer the Clio's.

Driving position is similar. The Clio has a more refined and luxurious feeling cabin but feels more old fasioned.

I couldn't pick a favourite. Tight country lanes it's the Twingo, more open type roads or A Roads with roundabouts and high speed sections the Twingo feels slow above 70 whereas the Clio feels like a monster.

Miller":2cgku7lu said:
I feel similar I deeply loved my trophy but I absolutely love my 133 now.

Would have loved a Trophy. Any mods done to the 133?

Ive done the bmc filter apex springs and on 2118's with new parada tyres on that I had left over from my Trophy.

Also changed most of the bulbs and painted the brake.

Think I'll get some on it then. I had the lowest Ebiach (sportline?) on the old Clio and it was about right.

Do you have a pic of yours with Apex?

Also thinking about a remap - I used TDF for my Clio which was the most worthwhile mod on the car but I hear they have gone now. Looks like KTEC or RS tuning are the only ones left doing them now.

FB_IMG_1490619470809.jpg

I have got pictures but can't get them to load of my phone for whatever reason.

Tdf have gone. Dan@Sjm is very good for remaps and work depending where in the country you are.

Started the belt change today.

Quite shocked to see the timing way off and the aux belt completely knackered. Car is on 63K from 2012.

20170401_150312.jpg

Went with a set of gen renault bits.

20170401_125640.jpg