Hi Everybody

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon7929

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Simon from Teesside. I'm a big RS fan, having a Clio 197/200 Raider, 2x R26, one of which I still currently have. My wife has a 200t if you can call that a proper RS? I'm looking to buy an RS133 as a toy and have been looking at a 13 plate currently up for £4995 at Stoneacre in Cleckheaton. The car is in White with RS decals on the side and has Red calipers. Can anybody on here tell me if Red calipers were an option or as these been painted by its previous owner? Also are the stickers part of a limited edition series? Many thanks in advance. I'll try and get a pic of the exact vehicle in question. Once again, thanks in advance.

Hi Simon, Great range of other models you have had. Personally I like the new 200t I have two friends with them (white and yellow) a both love them.

The 133 looks like a good buy. The wheels are an option with or without the cup suspension. Not sure on the decals may be gen but can't see them in the sales brochure.

Hi, red callipers have sadly never been an option; the stickers appear aftermarket.

Oddly its got anthracite wheels, which may suggest on a facelift that it is an RS with a non-cup chassis - my facelift RS with cup chassis came with gloss black wheels. I'd check with the dealer or look at the the suspension - I think from memory cup chassis have a purple sticker on the shocks. The cup chassis is an absolute must.

Things to watch are the lower ball joint rubbers £500 notes to fix a pair, and the steering wheels have a tendency to 'melt' - saying that it might (just) still be under its 4 year Renault warranty and they will fix both.

Thanks guys for the response. I'm going to look at it on Monday so will let you know how I get on.

Just an update folks. Went to look at the car today and it was not really what I expected. The calipers were in a shocking state and looked like they had been painted with a toothbrush. The bumper had damage that had been touched up and the rear light on the right was badly cracked. The steering wheel was peeling and the car had been fitted with two budget tyres n the front. Also the stickers must have been copies as they were peeling off on both sides. It also had a terrible aftermarket exhaust fitted which sounded dreadful. For me it was most definitely a big NO..!

That's a shame. Looks like its been sold tho as not listed anymore. A few nice facelift ones on ebay - silver or liquid yellow.

A keep up your search will be worth it.

Where in teeside you from ? I am just up in seaton carew. My 133 isn't on the road much due to being built at the moment but if you ever see a very loud red 133 that's me .

Sorry for the late reply. I'm in Stockton. You don't see many 133s around here I must admit. I'll look out for you. At the moment I have a Corsa VXR, brave to mention that I know but that's going soon. Despite what people say it's been a pleasure to own. A very capable car that's underrated due to image issues but that's my opinion. I also have my GW R26 which is a keeper. Now that is such a capable car. Anyway enough of that, I need to get a Twingo as I've always fancied one and need to scratch the itch. What better time than now as the prices are very attractive. checking traders daily so wish me luck!

Simon7929":1ryhbzwo said:
Sorry for the late reply. I'm in Stockton. You don't see many 133s around here I must admit. I'll look out for you. At the moment I have a Corsa VXR, brave to mention that I know but that's going soon. Despite what people say it's been a pleasure to own. A very capable car that's underrated due to image issues but that's my opinion. I also have my GW R26 which is a keeper. Now that is such a capable car. Anyway enough of that, I need to get a Twingo as I've always fancied one and need to scratch the itch. What better time than now as the prices are very attractive. checking traders daily so wish me luck!
Sounds good . I got rid of my Octavia vrs for the Twingo and it's been a much better car than Skoda . Well I drive a Mondeo Estate on the road while the Twingo is getting prepared . To be honest I don't come on this forum much as it's very quite now .