Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cage will be shipped on week 20, just before i fly back to Europe. I have also a set of 4 Dunlop Direzza tires. They are finally available in 16" from Demon Tweaks.

I also have a new camera setup (new wiring) so the camera will be fitted to the cage for a much bette viewing angle.

Last but not least, my engine mapping guy is looking into a new programming for the powersteering. If he can reduce its action then it will avoid any overheating on the track.

Why "just" a half cage? You can get a FIA approved silly R1 style cage for 1.2-1.5K.

The guy that mapped my engine could also do stuff with the power steering. I know for sure he can load different maps (Twingo RS steering map into a normal Twingo). So could be possible to make your own map I guess.

Because i don't have the resources and the time to weld in a full cage and paint it, so half cage will do for now. As simple as that.

And I'm sorry but an FIA approved R1 cage costs 2800€ excl VAT, and installing it represents 1 month of work and about 2000€ of labor...

The new tires were delivered last weekend (Dunlop Direzza). The cage should arrive in 12 days or so. I'm putting this all together during the N24 race on the last weekend of May, while the car will also get a complete detailing from a friend of mine.

Then off to Spa on May 30th for a trackday and the rest of the week on the nurburgring.

the objective is pretty clear and simple : 7'45" BTG.

yotah1":1myvioij said:
Because i don't have the resources and the time to weld in a full cage and paint it, so half cage will do for now. As simple as that.

And I'm sorry but an FIA approved R1 cage costs 2800€ excl VAT, and installing it represents 1 month of work and about 2000€ of labor...

The real R1 cage is ridiculously priced yes. I meant that (over here at least) there are several racingshops that can get you a similar cage including FIA certificate fitted for under 2K easily. But then you still have to paint it ;) .

Man 7:45 BTG would be epic :mrgreen: . Are you planning on fitting a rear anti roll bar? Altough I guess you'll have enough things to do already :p .

No rear arb. I already have a strut brace, and the only arb existing right now is from Whiteline, and that thing is just a joke. Proper sh*t engineering...

The cage has been delivered last week. I also have my new camera setup ready to go in the car. The rear camber shims will be modified to make the car a bit more "tail happy" and I have a new ECU + display mapping to put into the car.
Brake cooling ducts also arrived, so that's another thing to do, and the car will be trailered to the Nurburgring by a friend before I get there.

I've got also a friend who will give it a complete detailing so that it's super clean and nice.

Photos and a nice video coming soon for the car :)

On peut toujours améliorer :)

Mon mappeur a relevé 2-3 erreurs sur les logs effectués lors de mes roulages en 2015 donc on optimise.

Just improving on what we have thanks to some data logging i did last year.

Those who follow my Youtube channel will have already seen those videos, but here are a few from my trip to Europe in june. Sadly, that's about all the action the Twingo will see this year as I'm going to be at work until Xmas non stop here in the US.

[youtube]BABbjH30Oj8[/youtube]

[youtube]1q5LBDk9NDc[/youtube]

[youtube]O6s2FBjX31U[/youtube]

[youtube]MSi6d3rMlH0[/youtube]

The good thing is that, with time on my hands, i'm thinking about the future of the car, and although the 2.0 swap has done wonders, 200hp is still not enough... So I'm looking for 2018 into getting a Megane engine in it with a few other upgrades on the drivetrain, turbo, exhaust system, aero, brakes, wheels...

So I've made a photoshop, as I'm decent at it (this being my job you know :p )

And because I'm in America, I got myself another project on my hands, just to keep busy... What started as a "I will simply rebuild it", is turning into a heavy case of hotrodding ...

68_bar10.jpg

Dammit Man, freaking awesome, both of them!

2018 you say .... i'll start saving now. You're a designer, i'm a mechanical engineer, maybe we could help each other :mrgreen:

Some photos from my trip to the Nurburgring a couple of weeks ago.
I've taken some stickers off the car, changed the gearbox mount which was shot, updated the ECU and camera system, made up a cooling fins system for the power steering motor (works wonders!), played around with the suspension setup, and had a lot of fun on track!

14468310.jpg

14525010.jpg

Next to my friend's almost stock TRS, fun to see how it used to look ...

14445010.jpg

Some fun on the track with my friends in the Dinoco Speedster :

14494810.jpg

And back at the warehouse in the evening, where it will spend a lot of time now...

14589810.jpg

A couple of videos from the weekend, no great laptimes due to track conditions and traffic but a lot of fun with my friends, and giving passenger rides to first timers too.

[youtube]H8rztnvNAYA[/youtube]

[youtube]5BGx2cvrVPw[/youtube]

[youtube]D3X6ehzeR_4[/youtube]

Now, to the future...

I will unfortunately not be back in Europe for at least one year... that sucks, as I won;t make it to Le Mans or the Nurburgring 24H races in 2017. I'm doing green card paperwork in the US and that means I can't leave the country for at least 8 months.
But there is a good side to this situation. With most of the work on my Barracuda project being already paid, the expenses will slow down a bit and I can save up some money.

So, of course, I have plans to spend that money ... wisely? heck no! well, maybe, depends where you stand ahahah

So let me break down the plans for 2017 for the mighty blue Twingo :

- no track
- no driving
- a lot of spending ...

It will be stored at the Nurburgring where some work is going to be done on the car. The guy who takes care of it for me while I'm gone is going to finish the rollcage work in the car, welding it, adding door bars, a front hoop, and a center hoop cross. He will also remove the spare tire trunk bit... and make it flat. I need it flat because we are going to change the exhaust which will be completely new, 63mm all the way, with a horizontal muffler int he back with double tailpipes like the Clios.

We are changing the exhaust for one reason only : we are building the engine to and above R3 spec!

So here's what will go into the car :

from Engine Dynamics
- ARP bolts and studs
- lightweight flywheel
- balanced crank
- 84mm bore of the block
- inconel valves
- Supertech uprated dual valve springs with titanium retainers
- CatCams camshafts #5503505 non-VVT 304deg/295deg 12.45/11.95mm lift
- Catcams Vernier pulleys
- Catcams solid lifters
- King Size bearings
- seals and joints etc
- Wössner 84mm 3rings forged pistons 12.7:1 compression
- Wössner forged H conrods

from Pure Motorsport
- 48mm intake throttle body kit with cable throttle
- 400cc injectors
- 4.0bar fuel pressure regulator
- 4-2-1 stainless steel exhaust manifold

Man this is brilliant, I'd thought you'd mostly given up on the Twingo with the move to the States! So glad to hear of your 2017 plans, always enjoy your videos on youtube, can't wait for the updates!

I'm focusing on the Barracuda project for now, as well as something else coming soon hopefully, but the twingo will see more track action and more upgrades in the next few years. I'm never selling that car. The only way tos top driving it is if I crash it someday...

Did you remove the aircon on 1.6 engine?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk