Anyone experiencing poor cold start idle/kangarooing etc?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you could get a larger o-ring, however finding one that is a snug and secure fit would be the time consuming part because if it became dislodged when you put the sensor back in and it fell inside the inlet, it wouldn't be great... :(

Awww, I'm sorry to resurrect a goodie but oldie - I'm just struggling a bit with this.

I can't see a satisfactory way of "clamping" the MAP sensor down with a wire, jubilee clip, whatever. Maybe using a clamp or some sort of spring loading from the engine hook would work, but I think I'm just overcomplicating things! Any chance someone who's performed this mod could post a picture of their work?

Many thanks in advance.

Useless Cleggy

It is very easy, but equally it's easy to complicate it in your head. Here's a few pictures of mine...

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-06%20at%2018.29.32_zpsi3umzja1.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-06%20at%2018.29.24_zpsjapvwid4.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-06%20at%2018.29.13_zpsotgq4loy.png

Any of you guys know if the faulty seal can make the car kangaroo whilst driving as mine has been doing it on the way home from work , fiddled with the sensor and it is wobbly as! Been reading these replies and I'm going to try cable tie it tonight however if this doesn't change will have to take to Renault. , cheers guys

Hi Bradley kanagrooing is commoon with renaultsports, uprated gearbox mount helps quit abit. Check your scuttle for leaks too as water can drip down the coil packs. Helps if you let it tick over for a mini ute or so till the engine gets a stable idle, most of the kangarooing stops once up to temp not much you can do I'm afraid. Heard a remap may help things abit or a ecru update. That's just the way these cars are.

Yeah as the car warms up it stops , cheers for the help was making a funny noise also but I think that maybe something to do with a chunk of my air filter has come away lol

I removed the MAP today and managed to snap the neck of it off in the manifold. Duh. Removed the neck from the manifold with some needle nose pliers and have glued it back together. Needless to say I'll be very careful refitting it and I've ordered a replacement.

I put a cheap £25 replacement in. Wish I hadn't, the car is now full of flat spots under acceleration. Have ordered a genuine replacement from Rentec, no idea how much it'll cost but it'll likely be >£100 and worth every penny.

Good question. I've not opened the bonnet since the service - will check tomorrow and let you know, though I will be clamping it down before it can get loose again. It does idle cold better for sure - also drives better cold.

Would you believe the new MAP sensor is just as loose as the old one was. Will be clamping or wrapping it down for sure...