Sort of a cleaning question?!?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexP

Reaction score
I have a black rs and a tin of road paint came off the back of a van and splattered white road line paint all up the front... I managed to clear the bonnet using huge amounts of elbow grease and a quite aggressive Polish but has ruined the paint underneath. Any ideas for the rest of the car (and help if your in South Wales) greatly appreciated!!!!

You'll probably be okay with a decent paint correction/machine polish. Is the area cloudy now? Road paint can be quite brutal, but can still be removed as anything that lands on the car would have landed on top of the clear coat (lacquer) and that is usually a few layers thick, allowing to cut back and restore the finish.

Try and get a machine polisher and use two grades of compound, I only use 3M but you could get the equivalent, it's bodyshop standard thats why I use it... Use the green to cut (its not a harsh cut) and then finish with the blue (excellent filler finisher with oils etc).

Was it a council van? Or working on public roads? Did you get any vehicle details? You'll be able to make a claim if you did...

Unfortunately it was on the m4 and he pulled into a long line of other white vans... I think I can recover the bonnet but the white paint is still all over the front bumper, wing mirrors and down the sides :-(
Also I am a bit of a noob when it comes to detailing and have only ever done it by hand so a bit nervous of using a machine

If there is no one on here, or any local facebook groups who can help then maybe ask any local bodyshops that have a good reputation.

If there is paint still on there, is it covered or just small areas? As obviously the longer you leave it on, the harder it will get. You could try some graffiti remover or glue remover from halfords, but use it very sparingly to start with on a small edge or something, and dilute to start with if your worried.

Try and post up some pictures if you can, I used to run my own detailing company so can offer advice from experience :)