Just joined the RS Twingo owners

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugs

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was looking for a runaround, something small but with room inside to carry the stuff of life.
I wanted a car with a bit of pep as my main car is a Mk5 Golf gti (and they're no slouch) so considered a few like mitsubushi colt, yaris SR, etc but when I saw the twingo RS and drove the Twingo RS it was a no brainer.

It brings back the thrills when I had a clio 182 years ago.

Only had the twingo a week but well pleased. Wanted a bit of room in the back so sold the kids and took out the rear seats :lol:

One thing I have found (and this might be normal for the car) but the gear changes feel a bit notchy especially going into fifth. Are yours like that? Do you think it needs some gearbox oil?

Be grateful for some input to put my mind at rest or solve the issue

Cheers

Bugs

Welcome :)

Gearbox feeling a bit notchy is normal, so nothing to really worry about there as long as theres no noise when changing gear.

A gearbox oil change wouldn't do any harm though if you were worried.

Definitely agree that it is a car that is reminiscent of older hot hatches, I had a 172 and a few saxo's and 106's and it reminds me very much of those to drive and chuck about. :)

Welcome!!!

Get her on ramps/axle stands, whip off the under tray and check the dog bone for play. Uprated ones are cheap and worth it if your RS has the older style 'chocolate' variant!

Change the fluid too.

Clutch smooth? Any slip or judder?

Thanks for the info. I think gearbox is fine but no harm in asking