2008 gt with wet carpets

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knern123

Reaction score
Hi All, i wonder if anyone has any advice regarding where there water may be coming from in my wife's twingo gt? the drivers side floor (by the mat retainer) is soaked, it is also wet under the seat where there is a cut in the carpet for a wire to pass. so far i have taken the scuttle cover off and checked the drain that that is fine, all grommets are present in the floor and there is no corrosion. checked the rear washer pipe as it runs past that section but that is ok, also checked the door seals and they look OK. poured lots of water over the windscreen and spent a few uncomfortable minutes looking up at the pedal box area and i cant see any trace of a leak. what was interesting when looking there was that there was slight signs of rust by the steering shaft (i mean slight as it could be the moisture on the air). is it known for water to be driven in the bulkhead and run underneath the soundproofing to this area?
forgot to mention this is the sunroof model but as far as i can tell the drains don't go past this area, i say as far as i can tell as i don't know and would love to be told, thanks all

Hi, this problem seems quiet rare with these cars but from experience with other cars if the scuttles and door seal are fine it's going to be the sunroof maybe worth a google about Clio sunroofs, I think the twingo has the same hope you manage to find it.

re: the windscreen i dont know as we have only had the car since june. i did notice comments before about badly fitted screens so i tried to get it as wet as possible whilst looking up by the pedals but didn't see anything running down. i will spend longer on it this weekend, perhaps remove the headlining also to see if i can see any trace of running water, you never know if i find enough running water i may start bottling it and start up a niche spring water business.