Just bought twingo but spanner and electric lights came on?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbisfab

Reaction score
Hi there! Just bought a renault 57 plate Twingo GT today, it has 68k miles on it and was great when i test drove it. However when i was driving it home about 1.5 miles into the drive an electric light (box with squiggly lines in it) and spanner light came on at the same time. I pulled over restarted the engine and it went away. Drove 1.5 miles again and it came back on. So ive took it back to the dealer and they said they will get it looked at. its got a 6 month full warrenty so not worried about it needing to be fixed. I'm just posting in here to see if any of you know what it could possibly be as im curious of what issue it has.- also just mentioning that before i bought it they had to order a new speedo and fix the radio for me so just wondering if they had knocked a wire out or something.

Thanks for reading...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You could plug an OBD reader into the socket (in the glove box) and use the Torque (Android) app to diagnose the code. Can you post an image of the squiggly icon? Sounds like ABS/traction control. Is the steering wheel dead straight when you're driving in a straight line?

PS: OBD reader £4 from eBay with bluetooth. Torque app even less on the Google Play store.

Sounds like the abs / traction control, had the same on my first twingo, just needed a sensor sorting from memory.