Collected it!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnoodyMcFlude

Reaction score
Picked mine up this evening and was delighted to see that it started raining just as I decided to take it for a spin. Very nearly ended up taking that literally as nearly got caught out by the back end coming round on me on a slow corner, had got a bit used to how much grip it had at the front and it took me by surprise. Having spent 3 years in a diesel I've also been struck by how revvy the engine is, it always seems to want to be up over 5000rpm, I can already tell it's going to be fun :D

Probably not much point in photos, it's a stock Silverstone and I'm crap at pictures of things that aren't moving.

Glad your happy with it (and that you got one), you still need to get pics up, no excuses I'm afraid :p

With a remap, the rev limiter is raised slightly so it will pull even further if that's your thing (means you can get more from each gear before changing), but as you've found keep it in the sweet spot and it's a decent enough weapon, low revs are not it's strong point but that's an area for MPG and boring stuff.

Hopefully it'll be dry soon so you can enjoy it properly. Are your tyres the same back and front (and all decent)? I only ask it shouldn't break traction too easily despite being very light at the rear.

Yeah all the tyres are black and round :D Seriously though they all have decent tread and are same pattern I think. Can't remember what make but I've never had an issue with so called 'ditchfinders' in the past. When I had an MR2 people used to slate Nankangs but I found them to be fine unless you really drove like a tit.

It's not a problem for me as I like the rear of the car to be lively, it just took me by surprise. The MR2 was really predictable so you knew when it wanted to break away and when to take it easy. I guess I may have been a bit aggressive on the turn in and it's the first proper rain we've had for a while so guess the road is a bit slippery, I must only have been doing 20mph or so.

Agreed, I've had Nankangs on almost all my cars when they've needed tyres, and never had an issue with them. For the money, they're great!

Greasy road would make sense actually, got to love our weather! :/