Twingo 133 Clock

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamingbadger

Reaction score
Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I've had some work done on my Twingo 133 which unfortunately meant the battery was disconnected. The car came with an aftermarket stereo so where the radio stuff would have been displayed, it now just says RENAULT with the clock in the top left. The clock is now flashing and I'm struggling to find a way to set the damn thing. Can anyone please offer any advice on how to reset the clock?

Cheers!
FB

You should have a button next to the display for the clock... Hold it down until it starts flashing and you can then change it.

If it's the newer type, sadly you may be out of luck... as you need the stereo itself to set the clock.

One option (not ideal) is to wait until midnight, then disconnect the battery and connect it again (or remove fuse for the clock/display) then it will be the correct time.

Thanks for the response. It looks like there is no button near the radio. I know the one you mean as I've seen a video on YouTube but I think it's in a difference place on the RS over the standard car. The clock is in the top left of this image (inconveniently mid flash when I took the picture) and I see no buttons around it. Nice tip about disconnecting the battery - that may be my only option :)

https://img42.com/mziIE

My RS has the buttons next to the clock... I think the later ones had a different setup though.

Hope you manage to sort it one way or another :)

My first RS had buttons, my later model resets through a menu on the stereo function.

If you have swapped out and don't have the headunit mmm... try the midnight tip above, or back to Renault?

Thanks for the replies guys. I have the original stereo in a box somewhere. I'll dig it out and refit it and let you know how I go on.

Cheers!

Hey guys,

Just to follow up - reffited the original radio and have managed to set the clock.

Moral of the story, if you change the radio and you don't have a clock set button, don't throw away the original! :)

Cheers
FB