• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Twingo Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aftermarket 133 panel filter or full induction kit

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleggmeister

Reaction score
Ola!

Please let me know if you're selling an upgrade panel filter or a replacement induction kit. I'm tempted by the BMC or Green Cotton panels or maybe the K&N Apollo induction kit. Please let me know price including shipping to UK mainland.

Many thanks,

Cleggy.

cleggmeister":1wd8dpfu said:
Ola!

Please let me know if you're selling an upgrade panel filter or a replacement induction kit. I'm tempted by the BMC or Green Cotton panels or maybe the K&N Apollo induction kit. Please let me know price including shipping to UK mainland.

Many thanks,

Cleggy.

Personally I wouldn't buy an air filter secondhand. Goes against the point in having one if its already dirty?

The Pipercross Performance Air filter is only £28 over at KamRacing. Can't beat the price and it's a good brand

Fair points, thanks chaps,, I'm waiting on a bit of feedback as to whether the panel filter alone improves the induction noise (with the bung removed from the airbox). If it does I'll get a new BMC or K&N panel. If it doesn't I'll go the whole hog and buy a new induction kit. Either way Le Tweeng will roar like it's never roared before! :)

The KTEC panel filter on mine certainly aided the noise over the standard paper filter (both with bung removed) if thats any help :)

They are cleanable and last a lot longer than the paper ones, I think personally you should just order one ;)

Good recommendation, thanks! Is it well made - I heard that the foam/rubber surround was detaching on these a while ago. Maybe just a bad batch. It's that or the Pipercross, both are c£35. I just want the noise and (obviously) clean air going into the engine hence my worry about the qualty of the filter.

My KTEC one has been in for around a year without any issues, the previous owner put it in... But they're all around the same price so just go for the one your happiest with :)

Alrighty, just ordered a Green Cotton as I'd heard good things. It's just for "dat noise"!!!

Considering I'm in my forties this car is making me act (and spend) like a much younger man!

Being completely honest, for the few miles I've driven the car (around 300 miles) it seems to have made more of a negative effect than positive.

The car seems to now have a noticeable flat spot lower down unlike when running the standard paper filter & I've personally not noticed a difference in noise.

The 2nd hand panel filter i received was like new but i still gave it a clean with filter cleaner & re-oiled it to save me messing for some time.

Fuel consumption seems the same as a positive!

Once it's due for another clean, i will be getting rid for a standard paper filter! :)

A filter wont create a flat spot unless it was restrictive, have you put the old paper filter in to see if the flat spot goes away? You may have got oil from the filter onto a sensor which in turn has created a flat spot due to inaccurate readings, but a decent quality panel filter alone wouldn't cause a flat spot.

oVerboost":758fzcb9 said:
A filter wont create a flat spot unless it was restrictive, have you put the old paper filter in to see if the flat spot goes away? You may have got oil from the filter onto a sensor which in turn has created a flat spot due to inaccurate readings, but a decent quality panel filter alone wouldn't cause a flat spot.

It's the bmc panel filter.

I appreciate what you're saying but this isn't my first time messing with a panel filter. It was left to dry for 24 hours and made sure that it didn't drip any excess oil before fitting! :)

I didn't want to provide a review until I covered a few more miles as the Ecu will no doubt adapt to the extra air being let in etc ... Only time will tell.

glennr88":1ku474qn said:
oVerboost":1ku474qn said:

It's the bmc panel filter.

I appreciate what you're saying but this isn't my first time messing with a panel filter. It was left to dry for 24 hours and made sure that it didn't drip any excess oil before fitting! :)

I didn't want to provide a review until I covered a few more miles as the Ecu will no doubt adapt to the extra air being let in etc ... Only time will tell.

Glenn, thanks for taking the time with the feedback. Appreciated.

Maybe the ECU needs more time to adjust - not uncommon with other cars I'm more familiar with (anyone know how to reset the 133 ECU as an aside). My old Jeep wanted something like 500 journeys before the ECU fully adapted, whatever that means!

Just an update ... the car seems to be running better with the increased air flow now. The car feels more responsive lower down in the revs. :)

Thanks Glenn, that's reassuring to know! I'm still waiting for my panel filter to arrive (so I've filled the time by polishing the car, fitting mudflaps and trying to get under it (but was thwarted - too low!)). I expect it next week so will fit it and feedback as soon as it arrives. Just waiting on my ramp extenders too so that I can actually get the Twingo up enough to get my head under and do an oil change, Waxoyl, etc...