2012 Facelift RS front indicators mistery

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orzo

Reaction score
Hello, i'm going crazy to change the front indicator bulbs on this car! No one know how to do, even the Renault local repairer...
The service book talks about the Twingo 1.2, the little RS service book talks only about RS monitor and bit more.
Help me to solve the indicators mistery!

I already downloaded your great manual (thanks for this!) but don't talk about the facelift version of RS :cry:
I believe there are about 50 cars around the world... No one know it!

i've not worked on any of the facelift versions so for once i can't be of help on something as simple as this lol. the best thing to do will be to PM Lewis. he owns a facelift RS and currently works for renault :)

member/lgonzalez/

I think you have to remove the wheel arch liner and get at it from behind.

Spitfire1":33emdx5w said:
I think you have to remove the wheel arch liner and get at it from behind.

wouldn't be surprised, the megane is like this as is the new master! wouldn't be surprised if it's renault trying to make people think ''f**k that, i'll just take it to renault'' to make more ££

Old thread but new info...I've just replaced a cracked front indicator on my facelift.

Replacing Bulb
Cost: £12.50 gets you 2x Philips Silver Vision PY21 Bulbs
How:
(1) From the front, fingers under the indicator and there's a small cut out in the front splitter
(2) Pull and the end of the front splitter and it will come off - be brave it's a tough pull.
(3) Quarter turn and the bulb mount comes out; replace bulb. (Bulb mount has 4 bayonets - with the largest to the rear)
Time: 5 Minutes
Difficulty: Only being brave when you pull the front splitter.

Replacing Indicator Unit
Cost: The replacement indictor part is about £23+postage
How:
(1) As above, remove part of front splitter and indicator bulb.
(2) Front wheel off,
(3) Wheel arch lining pulled to one side - one screw on wheel arch, two screws under splitter.
(4) There is a small hex screw on back of indicator ; undo
(5) Indicator unit just pulls out to be replaced.
Time: 30 mins
Difficulty rating: If you can replace a wheel , you can do this.

I've got photos but can't work out how to upload.