Bought a Silverstone GP now regretting it.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoGiCa

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a 2012 Twingo Silverstone GP a few weeks ago as my first car in a few years after having company cars and I'm now really regretting buying it.

The gear box is horrible and I cant get into any gear smoothly (1st/2nd is especially bad), and going over small bumps is bone shakingly awful. Everything in the rear of the car seems to squeak as I'm driving along.

Is there anything I can do to improve the things mentioned above?

Try changing the gearbox oil that could help out the gear changes. Otherwise you're syno's might need changing the gearbox which if you can do yourself great! Otherwise it's a very expensive.

Did you not test drive the car before you bought it? The suspension is very firm. You can change the springs out for the non cup version which will be less firm.

LoGiCa":odtpsqmg said:
Thanks for the info. Yes I did test drive it but it was on the Deaolerships default route and the roads were pretty smooth. Didn't realise how harsh the suspension was until I'd had the car for a few days.

What is the opinion on these? https://www.bc-racing.co.uk/br-series-coilovers

Ahh ok that makes sense :p

The BC-Racing coilovers have seriously good reviews. You can't beat the quality and what they offer for that price. I've personally not experienced them but probably 80% of people that get coilovers for the 133 get those.