gordini stripes

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miww

Reaction score
bought 118 last weekend and some of the stripe had started peeling on the boot section (right hand stripe). phoned smc who told me it would be £300 to replace +fitting. luckily went to my local dealer who contacted renault and are happy to do it under warranty. its booked in on monday.

so, just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems? good to hear what experiences people have had with theirs. any advice on how to look after them?

Who did you talk to at SMC?

Did you tell them the car is under warranty?

Also ive not heard of this issue as of yet.

cant remember to be honest they just told me the price and i asked if it would be done under warranty and they said no. went to my local dealer and seems to be sorted

Ok no problem. Would have been best to have taken the car in so you can show them it to work it out as stickers are a grey area for many reasons. You cant really tell without seeing them. Shame you cant tell me who it was on the phone so i can grill them at work so it can be dealt with better next time.

Whos your local dealer?

i live in north wales but didnt think theyd have much knowledge on gordinis/rs's so rang smc for their opinion first. not a problem though the person i spoke to didnt do anything wrong!

The stripe on my boot was damaged in a car wash so I've considered removing them completely as there's no way I wish to pay £300 for a sticker.

Also, within the first week of owning my car someone scratched the passenger side, on the panel to the rear of the door. I was also quoted £300 to put that right and have lived with it ever since.

A small corner or mine came off when I was washing it, nothing too noticeable, but then a week later I went back out to my car where it had been left for a few days cause I forgot my car pass to get it on camp, and some one had decided to peel on of the roof ones half off. Pissed of as much as I was I drove onto camp and peeled the rest of them off using the correct method. Washed it down polished it up, not looked back since. Much prefer it without the stripes.

I noticed on mine that the stripe was cracking on the roof, contacted renualt and had to take the car to them. Now I got to book it in at renualt body shop in Hemel Hempstead. It's getting done under warranty. :)

Had mine removed, car was around 2 years old at the time. Didn't leave any visible marks so pleased with that. Much better than paying £300 for a replacement!

just wondering how it would affect resale values i you came to sell it though? garages are always looking for excuses come part x time!

Doubt it'd make a vast difference to a part-ex price as a dealer would fit them much cheaper I would imagine. On a private sale it may affect the price though.

Personally I'd get them to do it under warranty as they should at least last 3 years on the car.

By the way your Gordini was only 8 places behind mine on the production line as I have number 110. :)

I have a 61 plate Gordini and just noticed the roof stickers have bits missing off them?

Out of warrenty as it has just had first MOT.

ANy idea of how much new ones will cost me please

Trisha Humphreys":4mwstilz said:
I have a 61 plate Gordini and just noticed the roof stickers have bits missing off them?

Out of warrenty as it has just had first MOT.

ANy idea of how much new ones will cost me please
You don't want to know how much those stickers cost.

Don't remember exactly but it's definatly not cheap..

My stripes were starting to peel and crack and eventually took the plunge and got the official holographic stripes. Got 10% off the £240 price and since they were so dear I bottled doing the job myself. Local Renault service dept also bottles doing them but its an Arnold Clark branch so shouldn't have been surprised. I was getting quoted up to £150 from local vinyl places and in the end in got them done through a friend of a friend who has worked in the industry for years. Not saying how much but much less than other prices quoted and he done a cracking job.

I'm pleased I did it now as the car it back in its former original glory and I like cars to look the way they were meant to.