My little christian

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made a few more changes ready for japfest next weekend.

Got a new D1 spec quick release.

Made a bar to stop my spoiler from wobbling and also ordered some minion dustcaps :D

Painted the rocker cover crinkle black and and painted the engine blue.

Matt got me some spacers for my birthday so I ordered myself some wide arches. The fronts are fitted and the rears will hopefully be done this weekend. I will be rollering them grey once the are on as i need to touch up other bits of the car.

Matt wants his bucket seat and harness back as his car is almost ready so i got myself a cobra imola and a sabelt 4 point harness.

Christians first sticker! :D

Now the race is on to get both cars ready for japfest :shock:

Love the "I did this" and "I got this"... :p

Where the arches are held on with tape the spacers have not been installed so excuse the fitment lol.

Matt":2mqto7qi said:

l.

I got the impression that you both got stuck in. Like the time of stripping your cars down after the BM tried blagging a passenger ride without opening the door.

Matt":dwtkjgg8 said:

Where the arches are held on with tape the spacers have not been installed so excuse the fitment lol.

Pretty sure you did the same on your progress thread.

singlespeed":90txhyfp said:
Matt":90txhyfp said:

l.

I got the impression that you both got stuck in. Like the time of stripping your cars down after the BM tried blagging a passenger ride without opening the door.

Aye, it's amazing how much easier things are doing the same modifications to two cars. Learn so much from one and then simply replicate it.

Elly":90txhyfp said:
Matt":90txhyfp said:

Pretty sure you did the same on your progress thread.
Oh you wanna play that game huh... feel free to read it then I think you'll be surprised ;)

Both cars made it to Japfest without any major problems. Matt's car decided it wanted to launch it's headlight cover at mine whilst on the motorway :shock:.

Arches and spacers fitted

Japfest nutz stand

dual exit

Wide arches means bigger spoiler :twisted:

Thats looking a lot better with the extended arches instead of the edges rolled.

I guess it doesn't roll much when cornering now its substantially wider than standard.

Needing the passenger seat done as well and, definately some of this for the sidewalls.
wftiretrim.jpg

https://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/wolfs-chemicals-tire-and-trim-restore-gel-black-out-1L.php

Loving this thread - keep up the good work! Very Inspiring! :)

Only one thing to update.
Battleship grey mx5's have started to pop up everywhere so it was time for a colour change. After almost a week of sanding Matt sprayed him for me. He is now graphite grey :thumbup:.

I've not really done much to it lately. We replaced the standard hoses for blue ones and fitted a ally rad.

There will be a few changes happening over the winter.

The bgw will be going once I get a hardtop and hardtop spoiler. I have a ducktail ready to go on once I get a new bootlid.
I also have a Eaton m45 supercharger ready to go on [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] we are slowly building up the kit ready for Jan when my insurance runs out.

A couple of updates.

Finally got a photo of the hoses

The hardtop is now on ready for the winter, we test fitted the ducktail and hardtop spoiler.

I did another dwyb day but the car wasn't running right and now matt is replacing my cambelt and water pump.

We also took both cars to the mxoc national meet which also celebrated 25 years of the mx5. It was the last meet that Matt took his mx to before he scrapped it.

A sneak peak of the new project Matt has ;)

A few updates to add.

New stainless manifold. The first one I received hit the gearbox so had to get it replaced. For some strange reason my car now makes a whistling noise.

Fitted the ducktail

Gave the supercharger a clean. Really want this fitted already getting really impatient now!

Matt bought me car parts for christmas :clap: I've fitted a few of them already but the hydro will have to wait until a bracket is made.

Picked up a set of combustion punks overfenders tonight