Help please! Snapped the dipstick end off!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy89

Reaction score
Hi all,

I now have a renault modus (1.2 tce - I believe the same engine as the GT?) well today I went to check the oil and found that there is no end on the dip stick (the bit that gives you a level)

I haven't run the car since - What should i do? The dipstick in the modus is plastic, will this cause any damage if the car is run to the garage? (about a mile away) It is still under dealer warranty for a month.

Any help much appreciated.

Firstly hello. What I wouldn`t do is drive the car but give the garage a call in the morning. It could be a simple case of draining the oil as in an oil change and the bit of plastic comes out with the oil. Give them a call though and get their advice before you drive it.

thank you for your response - I have pushed it into our garage for the night - And will see what the dealers recommend in the morning. Om not sure if I have snapped the end off today or if it has ever had one (only had it a month and never checked the oil apart from when buying it... it had one then) They have serveiced it in between then... so I dont know.

I have another car to use whilst the modus gets fixed - But that is a 307 that has literally just developed an airbag fault! annoying cars!

Cars are great when they`re running ok but can be frustrating when they have niggles. I take it that your airbag light is on with your 307. Renaults are known for this and nine times out of ten it`s a wire under the seat that just needs a wiggle. Worth a look. As with your Modus, yes I`d give them a call because if they`ve serviced it, the mechanic must have checked the oil level and would surely have seen that the bottom of the dipstick was missing.

That's what i tried first - hoping it was the same as my 2 clios, 1 scenic and twingo that all had the airbag warning light problem :( it appears to be related to whenever I steer on full lock - annoyingly the internet peugeot gods seem to suggest this is the COMMS2000 unit failing.... yay! stupid car.

Never been a big fan of Peaugot. My brother called me and said he`d seen a nice 207 cc and what did I think. I told him to walk away because Peaugot are one of the worst manufacturers for recalls. Ok he said. A couple of days later he called me again and said you know that car you told me to walk away from, I collect it in a few days. He had it seven months, nothing but problems. My best mate also said about a Peaugot 207. I told him the same and he`s had problems too. I hope you get things sorted though mate, don`t like to see anyone having hassle like that. Give the garage a ring in the morning and I hope all goes well for you!

Try and have a good evening. Was good chatting to you, just sorry it`s not regarding a happier subject. It`ll get sorted though!

Thank you very much for your help - I will give them a buzz tomorrow (already left them a message) and see if they will come and collect it. If not, I shall have to tow it in to them. Good chatting to you also - I will be looking into getting rid of this peugeot soon anyway, Would rather not have to spend any money on it before getting rid. Need something new and trouble free for dirt cheap!