Lacquer lifting on my Silverstone Wheels?!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AS_BO

Reaction score
I noticed today after owning my Silverstone one whole week that the lacquer is lifting on my wheels. Has anyone else had this?! To be fair I'm pretty miffed as for a car that's 18 months old with less than 4000 miles on the clock this should not be happening! Any ideas on how I approach this to get it fixed with the dealers/renault? As far as I was aware wheels are a bit of a grey area when it comes to warranty work?

I know a few people have had returns covered on undamaged wheels... Question being, is it original paint that's lifting, or previous repair paint coming away from the original?

Maybe ask the dealer if they did a cheap refurb on the faces of the alloys to cover the previous owners kerb marks?

You just bought it from a garage, first stop is definitely there. I doubt you'll have any issues getting it sorted. I wouldn't even bother asking what they did, I would just ask for it to be rectified

So I've spoken to Evans Halshaw who I bought the car from and they've said that it is in fact a grey area in the warranty. I've also checked it myself but my point is if the car inspected before purchase surely this would have been picked up. At a loss really as it's not covered under renault's anti corrosion or paintwork warranty. Any ideas??

maggi112":1ae9ny3h said:
If they're not kerb damaged around the area it's lifting there shouldn't be any arguments

That's my thoughts on it but I reckon they are gonna try and wriggle out if it. Does anyone know how much a cup alloy is from Renault direct? If I can present them with a cheaper option I.e. Powder coating them existing wheels then I will as long as they pay up! Knowing that is gonna drive me crackers. I wanted to protect the wheels this weekend but it's a bit pointless until this is sorted.

AS_BO":3p9vjrhw said:
maggi112":3p9vjrhw said:
If they're not kerb damaged around the area it's lifting there shouldn't be any arguments

That's my thoughts on it but I reckon they are gonna try and wriggle out if it. Does anyone know how much a cup alloy is from Renault direct? If I can present them with a cheaper option I.e. Powder coating them existing wheels then I will as long as they pay up! Knowing that is gonna drive me crackers. I wanted to protect the wheels this weekend but it's a bit pointless until this is sorted.

a set of cup wheels is probably about £1000, getting them all refurbed is ALOT cheaper, plus why go and buy a new one instead of a full refurb anyway?

Also just refurbing one could mean it won't be an exact match