RS monitor subsequently installed!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
luke84":29f8bjsv said:
i got asked yesterday if i managed to get the rs monitor installed. i did after i went back to yeovil Renault, as last time the clip qualified technician wasn't there. i gave him the instructions posted on here and it took him about 30 minutes. he said quite of data had to be reset to complete it. but it was straight forward enough. i knew straight away it worked because the "Renault sport" came straight up when i turned the ignition on. all works well and have found no problems. haven't tried a 0-62 time yet but i will post one eventually. its interesting watching the oil temp from normal road to motorways, normaly hangs around 100oc but if your going 80 for a while it soon rises to 120oc hope this is normal :?

to install it first you need Bluetooth on your car, dont know the exact technical reasons why.

once you got the right display 280347874R i bought it from here its gone down in price £10 https://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/renault/renault-280347874r-afficheur-multime/

next you need to remove the center console plastic on the dash, just carefully clips off. then your find 2
star shape screws holding the display and bracket down take them out and keep safe. its now loose take the wiring clip off by unclipping it its now free to take out. to take the display out of its harness your need some screw drivers to pries it carefully out. you need octopus hands! hopefully it should push out and you can put the new one in its place and put it all back together. the new display wont work and wont light up now until its reprogrammed, the technician followed these steps

1. select the 653 ECU (multimedia ecu)
2. go into programming mode (upper right icon with some tools on it)
3. select "write configuration" on the left side menu ( second icon from the top under the home )
4. Select CF001 from the menu on the right and re-calibrate the newly installed RS Monitor
5. turn radio OFF in de ECU365
6. After doing that you can re-configure the language of the screen and thats about it.

after that you should now have "renault sport" on the display when you turn the ignition on... hopefully!
it cost me £20 at the garage to get it reprogrammed as i didn't want to risk it on the clip system, i don't know how it works.

to operate it on your steering controls there are two arrows on top press them both at the same time for about 3 seconds and you should get a disclaimer thing on the display! just "ok" it with the right arrow. now you are on to rs monitor :D press the arrows left and right to switch fuctions. only thing ive noticed is you cant switch music sections on the scrolling button whilst in rs monitor. but you can switch music on you cd player controls still.

good luck

I'm quite interested in having the RS Monitor in my car, mostly because it shows the Oil temp, which, for whatever reason, my ScanGauge can't seem to be able to display!

2 questions though :
- my car was never fitted with the bluetooth, so I guess, just like that, it won't work. Is it possible to retrofit the Bluetooth system? Does it require putting a radio back in the car?
- I don't have the original steering wheel anymore (swapped for the R2 Sabelt wheel) so i don't have any steering wheel controls anymore in the car. Then how do you control it?

I've got the feeling this is gonna be a headache already :cry:

And forgote to post a comparison of RS monitor and normal RS display

Attachments

• 2014-01-29 08.52.39.jpg
    2014-01-29 08.52.39.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 17,869
yotah1":3oxkaqsw said:
I'm quite interested in having the RS Monitor in my car, mostly because it shows the Oil temp, which, for whatever reason, my ScanGauge can't seem to be able to display!

2 questions though :
- my car was never fitted with the bluetooth, so I guess, just like that, it won't work. Is it possible to retrofit the Bluetooth system? Does it require putting a radio back in the car?
- I don't have the original steering wheel anymore (swapped for the R2 Sabelt wheel) so i don't have any steering wheel controls anymore in the car. Then how do you control it?

I've got the feeling this is gonna be a headache already :cry:

if you have model after 2011 mild facelift ("new" rear mirrors, slightly different front bumper), you should be able to do it. No oem Bluetooth needed at all (I dont have it as well - installed Monitor successfully).

Missing steering wheel controls, or better said, the remote controler stick under the wheel, is a bigger deal, no other way to control the monitor :( at least as far as I know...

yotah, have you considered drilling into your sump and installing an oil temperature sensor and then feeding it to a guage inside your car perhaps something like the Dash2 Pro + Data Logger or something of that nature?? i see that with the Dash 2, you can add on all kinds of sensors and something like that would deffinately go down well with the general look of your race ready twingo and would future proof you perfectly for when the engine transplant etc takes place!

The day the engine transplant happens, i'll be on a full digital Motec display, so the ScanGauge will definitely be off the car. And I'm a bit reluctant to drilling holes in my engine right now to be honest.

Triple Jay, I must check but I think I didn't throw away the control unit for the steering column so I should be able to put it back onto the car. My RS is a 2010 model but it has already the "new" (Clio 3 RS actually) mirrors so maybe it would work. Last time I asked my mechanic to put the outside temperature on the speedo display where the overal distance is displayed, he said it wasn't possible. But knowing him like I know him, he loves doing mechanical things, hates computer stuff though so i guess he didn't want to bother :p

I have an 2009 and Friday my mechanic will try to put the Temperature and Clock on the Speedo-Display too.... now im unsure this will work.

the reason the rs monitor displays oil temp and a scan guage doesn't is because the twingo doesn't actually have an oil temp sensor, the rs monitor estimates it based on coolant temperature

Twingogangster83 : It should be no problem.. done in few seconds if the tehnician know what hes doing :D

Martin_172 : But water temperature stays the same in some time and oil temp. goes higher or down ...

hmmmm ...

As martin and ozio said there is not sensor.

I have a 2009 twingo withe oem blutooth etc I have to change the monitor? It works only with the facelifts?

Another happy Gordini owner :D
Ordered the RS display, installed it myself. I went to my Renault dealer with the instructions for the Clip tool and 10min later, i have the RS monitor working in the Dini :cool:

Many thanks for the information overhere! :mrgreen:

Ok I have a 09 RS 133 with normal display..... could I upgrade to a RS Monitor? Or is there another way of getting water/ oil temp display in the car????

Many thanks

Cass Bach":36f9bs3x said:
Ok I have a 09 RS 133 with normal display..... could I upgrade to a RS Monitor? Or is there another way of getting water/ oil temp display in the car????

Many thanks

are you into aftermarket gadgetry? there are plenty of OBD displays on the market that come in pod gauge formats which you could hook up next to your tachometer :) or on your pillar. some of them are pretty cool

i read whole topic and I understand most of it but to be 100% certain I have twingo CUP 2008 , this is what I have in my car.
20141020_154159.jpg
So, will R.S. monitor work and can it work with aftermarket radio? If I leave the OEM HU what functions will i lose?

as far as i know, you need an upgrated electrical loom, which was standard in models from 2011+... if you check this thread and find someone with car older than 2011, try asking them directly via PM ;)

How do I know if I have a bluetooth radio? because I don't get any of these things here :lol:
I have a 2010 RS133 (no cup chassis)

Hello, sorry for my english but i'm italian.

I would like to fit the Rs Monitor on my Twingo RS 2010.

I have this radio

confort11.jpg

It is the 3rd type of pdf but of black finish. I don't know if change something from the silver one.

The dispay i got now is this

title.jpg

It should be 100% compatible, not?

I have only to buy the RS Monitor with this code: 280347874R

Then plug in where was the old monitor and reprogramm at Renault.

1. select the 653 ECU (multimedia ecu)
2. go into programming mode (upper right icon with some tools on it)
3. select "write configuration" on the left side menu ( second icon from the top under the home )
4. Select CF001 from the menu on the right and re-calibrate the newly installed RS Monitor
5. turn radio OFF in de ECU365
6. After doing that you can re-configure the language of the screen and thats about it.

Is right?

Some other question:
- what button do you press to activate the rs monitor after turning on the radio?
- can i still manage the radio menù?

Hi. Im going to buy a twingo133 soon. But do i need to buy a newer twingo 2010-> to fit renault monitor?
Or can i buy a 2009, buy monitor, and buy aftermarked stereo?