It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: ....... And now the thrust bearing is noisy!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:32 am 

Car: Twingo 2 RS Silverstone GP No 15
So after only a week and a half of ownership I'm really considering taking the Silverstone back. Tonight whilst parked I noticed that the thrust bearing is noisy when the clutch is engaged as in "tinkling" really badly. This sort of symptom is only ever associated with a worn or faulty bearing in my mind and for a car with 4000 miles on the clock I just feel that it's not acceptable. Obviously it's still under warranty and the dealership will sort it but who do lay blame with? This combined with a shoddy car on pickup and the lacquer peeling on my wheels is leaving me with a bit of a bitter taste from RenaultSport ownership. An experience I was greatly looking forward to. What do I do?

Post subject: Re: ....... And now the thrust bearing is noisy!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Car: Gordini 133 #159
Speak to them and say that ^^^

Its a shame, as I don't think the clutch bearing has been a common problem

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:06 am 

Car: Twingo 2 RS Silverstone GP No 15
singlespeed wrote:
Speak to them and say that ^^^

Its a shame, as I don't think the clutch bearing has been a common problem

Cheers Singlespeed...... I'll take your word for it. As a relatively new member to the forum I've noticed you're the go to guy for all things RS Twingo. It wouldn't normally bother me too much but for a nearly new motor which is supposed to be "exclusive" as 1 of 50 built it doesn't make for a great ownership experience so far. I love the car, screaming for a remap though! You might be able to answer that though...... RS Tuning the best place to go for a stage one map? I'm just talking good intake setup + CAT delete and a live map. Unless they have something preprogrammed they can just upload? Also, the car is obviously still under warranty so can I reset the map before servicing?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Car: Gordini 133 #159
Sorry, missed a bit there.

Hasn't been a common problem on later cars.

Some earlier cars had issues and only a couple of members with later cars have mentioned it. Think they have been warranty fixes.

The wheels with peeling laquer may be a few reasons, as its not unheard of for 17's to get scrapped and repaired. If you drive it, I can almost guarantee you will at least slightly mark one wheel sometime soon :(

Decat is slightly difficult as the cat is part of the exhaust manifold. Ktec do a replacement manifold without a cat (and sports cat which I have, as I can't be bothered with decat and MOT).

Paul at RST remapped mine the first time... The graph is early on in my thread, maybe page 4-6.
It can't be live mapped, so it's a case of run and log, tweak, run and log, tweak......until happy.
Mines back at RST now. However, with its new brain, it can now be live mapped ;)

The map could be over written with a standard file using the dealer software, or Paul could do it... Another option may be rstunner and a file from Henk, which you may be able to swap about, but I haven't tried it . Personally, I wouldn't bother... Nothing was said about my wild map at its last service ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]