Project LTD

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbushrat

Reaction score
Well where do I start! Project LTD (live the dream)
It has always been my dad's dream to do the rally on the small Scottish island of mull so wether he likes it or not he will be doing the rally in 2014 .
He has always been there for me so now I can repay him by building him this car so he can live his dream.
He has road rallied since the good old motoring news days and now he is 65 the time has come for Mull.
The car will be our trusted puma that was my car and then his the car has won the Durham navigation championship 3 years running and has 2 top 10 finishes in national road rallys.

This picture is the last time the car was on Mull.
DSC00270.jpg

IMG_4377e.jpg

IMG_4412e.jpg

Roger.jpg

Bit of a Hi jack :) but I have lying around if my garage a Full S/S milltek exhaust system and a front strut brace for the puma If anyone's interested I'm open to offers? I had a puma before my twingo but I removed these parts before trading her in! Cheers Matt

Damn all these good finds. If you spot a passenger side head light cheap let me know.

The not doing to bad so far also got some 16' cosworth replica's just refurbished for £80 some. 15' zetec s alloys £31. SS exhaust manifold £100 and 2 SS exhaust systems for £170 . Cash has been king for most of the deals.
Just can't wait to get started with the fabrication and build.

DSC_0631_zpsc95f3ad5.jpg

My girls together!

First day off the build today started striping all the parts that are to be replaced. Lots of blood sweat and no tears as yet.

DSC_0633_zps96b5d4a3.jpg

Got a date for the cage to be fitted and other bits and bobs to be dun. Alcons all new rear brakes and brake lines putting inside the car and the hydraulic handbrake also being dun at the same time.
So before then I need to fit the coilovers get the car mot'd and strip the inside out ready for the cage.

Out with the old in with the New!

DSC_0646_zpsd9c36736.jpg

Also going to pick another puma up this weekend!

DSC_0648_zpsd9a35520.jpg

New plan! Got this puma to do Mull with just needs my cage and safety equipment in.
The black car is going to be stripped to a shell and started from scratch.
Spec off silver car

Cosworth front 4 pot calipers
Focus st170 rear brake conversion
Billys all round
Sump and tank guards
Striped out
Skidded exhaust system

A good base car for peanuts!

Cheers AS_BO. Going to change the front wheels today as the tires are shot so we can take it for a good run up the Dale to see what's what! While I have it up it the air I will have a good check over the front end.
So f

Well plans have changed! Black car is still going to Mull this year and is up getting the cage and the brakes sorted this week and have gone with a rear disc conversion also.
Car is sat on these wheels for transport as the other alloys I have don't have tyres on. Sat ok on the coilovers but after a drive the springs are to hard. We need 200lbs front and 150lbs rear.
DSC_0661_1_zps04f93a82.jpg

The silver car is going up as reece car and mobile parts platform and will stay as a road rally car but will be getting a better cage and safety equipment and then msa logbooked to run both cars next year.
DSC_0660_zpsbbb53cfa.jpg

Ordering my wheels this week but what colour to go for?
The alloys are team dynamics pro rally choice is white, anthracite or black.

I would say anthracite if they're for the black car or black for the silver. Not sure which your putting them on.