Need help this one guys

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benzie0311

Reaction score
Looking at an Opec corsa vxr the reg is Sv59 anu
But when im checking insurance it keeps coming up as an astra Elegance xel , so if i got insured on that as an astra would i get stopped for having the wrong details ??

Your insurance would be void. You can't take out an insurance policy if you blatantly know the details are incorrect. Tell the insurance company it's a vxr corsa and if they still can't find it on the system then there is definitely something dodgy about the plates.

as roberts says, best thing to do would be to get onto the blower to the DVLA and ask them about the car. the best thing to do would be to view the car and ascertain the chassis number and see if this matches up with the actual car itself. in which case you may find that it being an imported car from the continent (as it's the opel one, not the vauxhall one ...) that it's been registered incorrectly.

at the end of the day there are thousands of these cars on the road, if it makes you feel better can you not just change the vauxhall badge on a 'legit' one to a opel badge? lol

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you'd like to PM me your details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.