How To Remove Resonator Box

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
DSCF2903.jpg

1. Take the wheel off

DSCF2904.jpg

2. Unscrew these two screws holding the arch cladding in place:

DSCF2906.jpg

3. Then the third screw here.

DSCF2907.jpg

4. Pull-out the black clip:

DSCF2909.jpg

5. 'Peel' away the plastic from hosing

DSCF2908.jpg

6…and also from under the wing panel

DSCF2910.jpg

7. You can now see the resonator box.

DSCF2911.jpg

8. Tuck the plastic over the brakes for easy access

DSCF2912.jpg

9. The two lugs at the top of the resonator pointing upwards, locate into a bracket to prevent the box from lifting. This means the bottom lug can't be lifted clear without snapping something off... Removing the two bolts that hold the bracket allows the bracket and resonator box to be lifted up to clear the bottom lug ;)
25042011101.jpg

10. Disconnect it from the piping at the top (you'll have to do this blind).

DSCF2917.jpg

11. Then lift it off the fixing at the bottom. and that's it done!

DSCF2916.jpg

DSCF2914.jpg

p.s make sure you do it in the order of 9 & 11. If you just yank it out you'll break the clip at the bottom of it like this:(……

DSCF2915.jpg

Exactly as above, it quitens the induction noise a little.

If you fit a new induction with a 90 degree elbow then it simply won't have a pipe down to the res box. You would only take it out if a) you wanted to save weight/space or b) you wanted to make the standard a little noisier (though as the pipe still goes down, it won't make a huge difference.

Ah right better of leaving it in then will it pass mot with it out ?

It will still pass an MOT without one as it's not a required part and doesn't affect emissions, etc.

If you're after more noise then it's a must... Depends how fussy you are :)

Twingogeekeo":3vgd4ver said:

The two lugs pointing upwards locate into a bracket, preventing the box from lifting. This means the bottom lug can't be lifted clear without snapping something off... Removing the two bolts that hold the bracket allows the bracket and resonator box to be lifted up to clear the bottom lug ;)
25042011101.jpg

1bhp?!?! Oh my lord, you can't feel 1 bhp, all you'll get is free-er flowing air and a bit of noise.

You must be one sensitive human ECG1000! Or maybe you are a robot, THE ECG1000 lol. Ive always found the differences are negligible with airbox mods. The only big difference I had with induction mods on a N/A engine was when I went from a single barrel solex carburettor to twin 40 dellorto carbs on my E21 BMW

:lol: I know, sounds really pathetic but I'm properly fussy like that.
For example: I have a set place for eveything at home, if I know something's not in it's correct place I won't go to bed until I've sorted it. Really quite embarrassing!

Is the noise level really noticable once removed? And by adding a performance filter make any difference to noise?

dbird":1nfmgud9 said:
so it increases by a tiny amount or decreases by a tiny amount? (BHP) once removed....
I don't think anyone has done a back to back test to confirm a loss/gain.

resonators are inbuilt into the system from factory to remove as many flat spots as possible, most prominently used in land rovers and what have you they are designed in a certain way so as to allow an area with a passing pressure difference. i remember a very smart man explaining this to me and i admit i did not take it all in .... so i couldn't even elaborate further

but yes you will create flat spots or worsen existing flat spots and you probably will loose 1 or 2 BHP maximum. remember that induction kits are only better for noise etc, they don't actually offer any increases in horsepower on the dyno unless you remap it to take the new induction into account dbird