Changing a Bulb in the Heating Control Panel

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HigtonA

Reaction score
Right guys and girls,

This is only a quick how to on how to access behind the control panel to change a the bulb.

1) Get a small Screwdriver and put it in the gap and use it to lever up the slot.

1.jpg

2) The top part, shown below, simple just pulls off with ease

2.jpg

3) Now this is were it gets harder, try lever round the surround, the clips on the right hand side are easy to unclip but the side were the airbag is, i couldnt remove that easily and i managed to snap quite a few clips.

3.jpg

4.jpg

4) Once you have the surround off (or partially off) as seen above. You can look down behind the unit, i have circled were the bulb is, you are able to twist it and then simple pull it out.

6.jpg

This is the bulb in the holder after pulling it out.

7.jpg

5) Then you start putting everything back together...

8.jpg

9.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Good little guide gonna have to try it. What bulbs are back there mate?

My question is... if you want to remove the central surround easily... how do you get the airbag cover off? i've tried but it wont come off!!! :(

The passenger airbag cover clips into the dash similar to the dish panel infront of the driver. However the airbag unit is also clipped onto the back so you need to unbolt the airbag before trying to remove the panel. Two nuts in the roof of the glove compartment, then unclip the panel which allows you to lift it clear by 6-8 inch without disconnecting the wire.

i wish to change displey of radio i got near digital speed..
is same way to put off ?

ok maybe led but how to put off dashboard

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Cup RS 133":amshood3 said:
Thanks for bulb size that's handy to know when I get round to doing mine

I done mine yesterday. Only took 20 minutes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickA":1eqv9tjq said:
Is it just one bulb that powers the heating control unit?

There are 2, one for the left and one for the right :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude! You saved me a GROUP of time and anger. Did the top dash, but missed the piece over the speedo, thought it was one piece. Cheers, Ken