Twingo RS Induction

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambick

Reaction score
I've just got myself a Twingo RS 113 cup, excellent condition for the age. The first thing I am wanting to do is fit an induction kit or panel filter.

I would like to know what would be better for performance and sound. I'm stuck between buying a decent panel filter or getting a BMC CDA enclosed induction kit.

If anyone has an induction kit added how easy was it done? I'm hoping to do it myself if it's straight forward.

Hi, my first posting here, but have read quite some on the Twingo RS.

Standard air filter and housing are very good.

Induction kit will lead to loss of performance. Also inlay filters won’t do a lot of good for performance. Only reason is for improved sound.

Have fun with your RS!

RSPeterRS":3h1vp0x7 said:

Induction kit will lead to loss of performance. Also inlay filters won’t do a lot of good for performance. Only reason is for improved sound.

Have fun with your RS!

This is essential very untrue. Many aftermarket induction kits providing they are enclosed systems have proven gains to performance. The phase 1 clio 172 airbox with upgrade filter has proven gains of atleast 5 bhp with dyno evidence.

Steverod14":2drhotkm said:
RSPeterRS":2drhotkm said:

Have fun with your RS!

This is essential very untrue. Many aftermarket induction kits providing they are enclosed systems have proven gains to performance. The phase 1 clio 172 airbox with upgrade filter has proven gains of atleast 5 bhp with dyno evidence.

As said, I have read through the forum. For instance, see the following thread:

engine-gearbox-exhaust-air-intake-system/best-induction-kit-that-actually-works-for-twingo-t6798.html

Eveyone has to decide for himself. Main advice would be to do some good research on kits that actually provide an improvement.