Face-lifting a pre-facelift

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont think its duable, bonet, fenders, front bumper, shape of front lights, everything is different :|

but possible is everything, if money isnt an issue :mrgreen:

the bonnet and front wings look the same when comparing our two, although thats an rs and non-rs. So not sure about the extended arches on the new one.

Lights and obviously bumper as a starting point. Minor mods to alter the side light wiring.
Bound to be a shed load of clips and stuff too :(

From what I can see- all you would need would be new headlights, foglights, bumper and bumper backing.

The issue comes when adapting the old twingos wires to allow indicators to function as they move on the facelift to lower down the bumper. the foglight wires would probably need extending to the higher level fog lights on the facelift..

possible need to change the bonnet? looks the same but you never know with renault.

TO answer... very possible, but costly and rewiring of some parts needed.

It may grow on you, but do you want to spend the money... An then there's insurance and labour and hassle of not using the car!

I think it's a pointless activity IMO

Why go new when you can go wider :twisted:

56ace9d4-6cac-37cb.jpg

Because on the road it's a bit Barry boys

If the rear lights could be amended so I could have all the lights within the two clusters and get rid of the boot lights id have the rear bumper. With the pre facelift front

Was wondering how long it would be before you chimed up in this thread weebob

For the cost incurred you'd be best off buying a facelift one in the first place I'd imagine.

The interior bits aren't enough to win me over to thinking that the new RS looks better than the old one.

That said I do think the front end of the new model looks better as a non-RS model. The new face has made the old non-RS look dated as it looks skinny and a bit weedy. The original RS Twingo still looks better as it suited the pumped up arches and more angry look. The new Twingo is a bit of a weak face lift and seeing that new front end along with the RS arches just looks a bit shonky to me.

Hey.That's a very interesting topic. I have just crashed my 1.2 2011 prefacelift Twingo. I am thinking about facelifting. I am wondering how many additiional parts should I buy. That's pretty obvious that I need new front bumper and headlights. It would be much appreciated if you could share a full list.

Many thanks,

If you can find any facelift RS parts such as front bumper all the best to you. If you do please let me know.