Alarm driving me MENTAL

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManxTwingo

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

How do you disable the alarm in the RS? It is going off more times than I be bothered resetting!

Seriously doing my nut in.

Si

No idea but I'd like to know too, some twat floors it past my car setting off the alarm and it grinds my shit!!

Instead of double-hitting the lock button to deadlock/arm the alarm, just hit the lock button once...might be a solution?

When my car was parked at my parents home and not used for quite a while (rural Norfolk), the alarm would go off for no apparent reason - evidence inside the car suggests it was triggered by some form of small, furry rodent who has since vacated it, leaving a trail of nibbling (namely the volume knob on the radio and some other rubber bits)...

20141116_140206.jpg
Open door》 switch ignition on》 ingition off 》 ignition on 》 ignition off 》 remove key》 close door 》 lock... and you should hear three beeps, signalling the ultrasonic sensors are disabled.

GT's dont get alarm, believe there's a sensor or summat at front of engine bay nr bonnet catch if youve got a alarm.

In the UK, its only the RS models that get the alarm fitted.

The other models still have the immobiliser and deadlocking

My alarms been set off by heavy hailstone a few times this winter, is there any way to alter the sensitivity on the alarm?

singlespeed":1f6p3j0x said:

Open door》 switch ignition on》 ingition off 》 ignition on 》 ignition off 》 remove key》 close door 》 lock... and you should hear three beeps, signalling the ultrasonic sensors are disabled.

Now what happens when you hear 3 beeps nearly every time you unlock your car.. Been happening for the last few days

Dubz":kx40045m said:
singlespeed":kx40045m said:

Now what happens when you hear 3 beeps nearly every time you unlock your car.. Been happening for the last few days
Thats telling you the alarm has been triggered whilst you were away.

singlespeed":1u9kow2w said:

Does this permanently switch off the ultrasonic sensors or do they reset back on every time you start the car up?